NEW YEAR, NEW BLOG.
This blog is a result of the New Year. It’s a goal of mine to become less selfish, more selfless. I want to simplify my life. I’ve been too selfish with my time in the past and I want to immerse myself head-first in my relationship with Jesus Christ, my Savior, making music, and making art in general. So I won’t be on this anymore.
Follow my new blog:
less of me, more of Him.
Happy game-losing New Year!
Happy swallow-a-knife New Year in Utah.
I'm not in Utah right now, so this does not apply to me. -Trololol. U MAD?-
Happy New Year! Dye your hair.
Dye your FACE.
Happy new year, world!
Mine was spent with my family and a lot of friends from church eating delicious food at the Fabiano’s, sipping legit Italian hot chocolate (it’s ten times thicker than the average and way richer), receiving snarky comments and banter from the Fabiano father and playing Scum/Emperor. I totally dominate that game.
I am so glad I spent New Year’s with my family and not elsewhere. So glad.
Today, my family and I pigged out.
On movies, that is:
- The Adventures of Tin Tin: WHICH WAS FANTASTIC. Honestly. The end led me to believe that there will be a second part and I hope I am right.
- Kiki’s Delivery Service: Always a favorite. It really made me think.
- Ponyo: Just so tender. I want to marry a redhead and have ginger children.
- Hanna: I kicked out my baby sister for this one. Eric Bana has an awesome accent and it was just cool. Cate Blanchett is a fox.
- Journey to the Center of the Earth: Horrible graphics and not extremely well-developed, but it has Josh Hutcherson. IT WAS entertaining, though! I’m more excited for the second part, even if Brendan Fraser isn’t in it.
- Nelly came over :3
- Rich (my stepdad) made pizza with his new, legit pizza stone, pizza stone scrubber, dough mat, dough cutter, and giant pizza spatula (Idk what they’re actually called); all Christmas gifts. They were delicious. The sauce he made was SO GOOD. And it was funny because he didn’t roll the dough out thin enough, so both pizzas rose to be these huge, corpulent pizza masses. We didn’t have pizza slices. We had pizza chunks.
- Nelly and I made banana-Nutella-honey bunches wrapped in the pizza dough. SO GOOD. I was pretty darn good at rolling out the dough way thin so it didn’t inflate like the pizza did. Who needs rolling pins when you can use one-liter soda bottles? Hahah. Nelly is the master at making cute, little drops of the dessert!
- Nelly and I taught each other breathing techniques and methods. She did most of the teaching with her wonderful warm-ups from acting and voice & movement :3
- We also watched Radiohead videos and episodes of Big Bang Theory.
- I LOVE NELLY.
I may not be where I want to be right now in my life,
but I know He is there to help me every step of the way. I know He knows who I want to be and where I want to be.
Too often do I let myself become easily discouraged at my slow progress. Then I realize that I need to focus less on myself because this life is not about me.
Less of me.
More of Him.
I may not be where I want to be, but I thank God I’m not where I used to be.
This Christmas has sincerely been the greatest, most wonderful Christmas of my life thus far. My family and I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, but that’s the thing. It was my family and I. With my Savior, Redeemer and King, Jesus Christ, at the center. It was less of me and more of Him. Less of me and more of my family.
Less of me.
Less of me.
More of my family.
More of Him.
All for my family.
ALL for Him.
That’s how my life needs to be.
I hope you all had a beautiful, wonderful Christmas as well.
I’m going to let my hair grow. Long, long, long. I won’t do anything else but trim and shape it. I will probably add more blond to it once my current blond grows out. And I won’t really ever straighten it, either- not that I really ever do anymore, anyway. I’ll just keep it naturally wild and healthy. I’ve always like wavy, curly hair over straight hair more. Guys tend to like straight hair more, but I know that the guy I will marry will love my natural hair.
Tonight is an Incubus kind of night.
After watching the video “The Girl with Color”, Amanda tells Nelly and I: “When I saw this I thought of you and Nelly and how you guys are always full of color and happiness ahaha :D”